The Fridge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where no man has dared enter, lest they risk losing their mind.

Man on a Train

Mystral
    Mystral

Man on a Train Empty Man on a Train

Post by Mystral Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:09 pm

A man stood just inside the entrance to the Lupia Subway Station. His tall, thin frame, clutching a brown rucksack. It had been raining and he peered inside the bag to make sure its contents hadn't gotten wet. Inside, five plastic bags, carrying precious cargo, all still dry, all still intact. He breathed a sigh of relief as he picked up his black umbrella that was leaning on the wall behind him. He looked up, ahead of him was the ticket counter and kiosks to buy tickets for Blizzaria Transit and just beyond those were the turn styles to the platforms below or the buses above. He looked at his watch. It read 7:30am. It was time to go. Work beckoned, and he wanted to be on time.

Moving forward, he fell inline with the gathering wave of humanity. All rushing to work. All wanting to be on time. He held the bag in his arms in front of him so that it wouldn't get crushed as the people crammed up going through the turnstyles and held the umbrella upside down under his right arm. He had a transit pass and only need scan his card. He fumbled for his wallet a moment before pulling it out and scanning it on the reader. He looked to his left and nodded to the transit officer who didn't seem to pay him any mind. As he passed that point, people spread out a bit more. Some stopped for coffee at Knight's Koffee, some stopped at one of the stalls to pick up the papers. He however went straight down to the subway platform below. The green line they called it, and the edge of the platform had a green stripe, as did the walls in the center of a blue background.

As he got below a train pulled in. "Please stand clear, until the train has come to a full and complete stop and all passengers who are exiting have left," an automated voice said. The train came to a stop and the doors opened, with only one woman exiting the train before the man and a few others got on. He sat down on a nearby seat, just inside the car. He looked up at the illuminated map above the doorway. The car was empty now, but it would fill up soon. They were on the outskirts of Blizzaria, but getting closer downtown and past the palace it would surely fill up. He counted the lights, five more until Blizzaria Square station. He felt his grip finally loosen a bit on his rucksack. He looked inside once again as the door shut and the train pulled out of the station, whirring as it picked up speed.

The five bags still remained unbroken. Their contents, undisturbed. He smiled. They were going to make it to the palace. He felt the coolness of the bags and pushed on one to make sure it wasn't solid. The indentation he left on the bag before it bounced back to its original shape gave him a sigh of relief. He put on his headphones. He had a few stops before he needed to move and could listen to some music. Something metal to get the blood flowing and pump him up for work.

The train grew more and more crowded with each stop. As it did, the man sneered at the thought of these people doing the same routine. Never expecting anything out of the ordinary and did nothing but believe the royals, as did the generation before them. He looked at his palm before closing it into a fist.

It had been over three hundred years since the Xelhan Orthodox Church came into being. In that time it was recognized as the national religion and by its divine might, the queen was appointed. As the church decreed her queen, so too did the blindly loyal followers. Those who believed the queen and church were the only way and listened to whatever they spouted. He looked up at the map. Next stop Blizzaria Square Station.

This was it. This was where his job was. As the train slowed to a stop, the doors opened. This would be his last chance to escape. He could go back and tell his family he got cold feet. That he couldn't do the job. But then they'd express remorse and disappointment. And he didn't want to disappoint. Not after all the faith they had put in him. He stepped off the train at the last minute, just before the conductor made a call to clear the doors. The door closed behind him and the train sped off to its next station. He looked into his cargo one more time and smiled. "Are you babies ready to get to work?" His smile looked more like a sadistic grin.

"Don't worry, we'll show them that there are no gods and the queen is not an infinite protector." He looked at his watch, which now read 8:00. "The people shall know that the XLF was right. There are only pretenders on the throne," he said as he took one of the plastic bags out of rucksack and placed it on the floor. "Today they will learn that there is only one god and their name is not Tsuyu Avalon." He raised placed his umbrella over the bag and angled the handle towards the tracks. "There is only one. All will answer to the mighty Kay Morena, the one true leader of Xelha and goddess of the world."

The next train pulled into the station as he sank the point of his umbrella to puncture the bag before running and placing the other four along the escape route upwards, puncturing each with his umbrella.
    Mystral
    Mystral

Man on a Train Empty Re: Man on a Train

"Twenty dead in Sarin Attack on the Blizzaria Metro Today!" the headline scrolled across the television screen as images of emergency vehicles speeding back and forth, and rescue workers trying to move the injured away from the Blizzaria Square Station Entrance flashed across the screen. The television was muted, as the program cycled through the footage. The room was dark save for the light emanating from the television, but it was enough to illuminate a face sitting about a meter from the television.

The illuminated face only showed a silhouette, their straight dark coloured hair fell to their thin shoulders. Though she had pursed lips, her cheeks remained flush and full. They sat cross legged on a table, hands hanging down from their knees. They took in a deep breath as they drew their hands upwards and clasped them just in front of their face as they closed their eyes and bowed their head before being interrupted by a knock on the door. A sliver of light cut through the darkness, illuminating the person's dark brown hair.

"Mi'lady, all operatives have returned safely. We have successfully carried out your will," a man's voice meekly spoke from beyond the door.

The woman unclasped her hands and held up her right hand. "Thank you, that is all. See to it that the others are brought up to speed."

"As you wish mi'lady," the man said before closing the door and returning the room to its former darkness. The woman brought her hand back around and rested her elbows on her thighs, propping her hands beneath her chin. Her grin became evident as her teeth gleaned in the light from the television. "The pieces have been set and the game is underway. Will you hide in your palace and let your generals take the fall or will the queen herself take the field?"

She leaned forward in her stance, flattening her hands from a fist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile... On the Blizzaria Palace Balcony....

"Highness, perhaps out in the open is not the best idea...." a woman spoke. "The terrorist may still be around and this isn't safe."

The person she was speaking to flashed her green eyes and scowled at her. She narrowed her eyes before returned her gaze back out across the square. Her arms crossed tightly across her chest. Her fingers tapping on the jacket sleeve of her inner elbow the only sound between the two women for a period. "You know I wouldn't come out here if I thought there was any actual danger," she stated softly as she brought her left hand up to her chin and tilted her head slightly to the left. "That said, why would you sarin gas the subway? It won't reach the palace even in this cold, there's more chance it'll freeze than spread." She turned to face the other woman, though her eyes were not focused anywhere in particular. "Take out the timing as off for our morning excursions, its safe to assume I wasn't a target or at least not a primary one. That means this was done directly against the people, but for what reason? The initial thought is to scare people and set an example, but this isn't even the busiest station, not in the dead of winter." She tapped her cheek and looked off to the side, "Meaning whoever did this wants me to see it. They mean to make this personal."

"But why not just openly say we don't like you?"

"That is the question," the queen said wistfully, "But mayhaps this person has read the same texts as us and knows direct opposition won't come so easily." She groaned as she shifted her posture and lowered her hand back to the warmth of her inner arm. "Though I'd much rather the open challenge than this indirect aggressiveness. It's not like we have tons of people here in the queendom. I hate mindgames, grampy used to play them all the time."

"Well I guess you're going to have to show what you learned from your grampy."

The queen groaned. "But at least I knew where to start with him. There aren't any leads on this one."

"Yet."

"Yes... yet..." the queen said as she looked off into the distance. Her eyes glassed over as she was deep in thought. Who would want to disrupt the tranquility of Xelha? And why do it just outside the palace in plain view of her? Why provoke her but keep their hand hidden? Was someone issuing her a personal challenge? Her mind drifted to a game she learned from her mother. It was a game she learned from his mother. Seilu. The game was based around attempting to guess your opponent's colour code. White meant you had a correct colour in the wrong spot. Black meant you had the right colour in the right spot. But to gain that information she first needed to respond. What type of response was this person going for? It couldn't be the usual 'Our condolences to the families of the dead and best wishes to the injured.' No, it had to be deeper. They wouldn't go through the elaborate rouse of poisoning Blizzaria Square Station that was one not the busiest and two close to Blizzaria Royal Infirmary for a simple attempt at mass killings. They'd have done it at Krystali Street Station or Western Lakes Station, stations with larger volumes of passengers and further away from medical treatment.

"Summon the Houses," she said as she raised her right hand. "If we're going to do a proper route of elimination, I need to make sure there are no dissenters in my own ranks before I look elsewhere."

"Right away your highness," the woman said with a rapid bow before leaving the porch through the open door.

"What is really going on here..." the queen pursed her lips before she too retired back into the palace.
    Mystral
    Mystral

"High Queen Tsuyu has called for a rare joint meeting in Blizzaria today. While all meetings are able to be attended by the public, the media has been banned from recording live. We will update as soon as they become available."

The woman chuckled to herself as she muted the television. Still shrouded in the dark room, now a blanket over her head, her fingers resting on the bridge of her nose, her thumbs happily tapping her cheeks. "Checking your pieces, making sure none of them will turn on you. Excellent start. I expect nothing less of High Queen Yuki's granddaughter. After all, snakes in the grass have brought down many a mighty leader." She reached to her side and grabbed a bottle and took a drink out of the bottle. As she did the reporter came back on and she quickly lowered her bottle and restored the volume on the television. High Queen Tsuyu was advancing to the podium, flanked by Minister of Health and Safety Astryd Selu on her left and her deputy Lumina Maelstrom.

"We, the general public of Blizzaria faced a chemical attack this morning from an as of yet unnamed group or persons. Despite what seemed to be a well timed attack on the subway system during peak usage hours, there were very few fatalities as first responders and transit staff were able to quickly clear the tracks and station and all trains were stopped immediately until the threat was identified." Tsuyu paused a moment to glance down at the podium before once again looking up to address the gathered media.

"This will not go unpunished and the perpetrator will be caught and prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. If they wanted to send a message that we are a lax nation, then consider the message duly received. However as High Queen and leader of this nation I will not sit idly by while my people live under threat of a mischievous few. This investigation will take priority over all else and as always we as a people will solve this."

"High Queen, how many people died?" one reporter yelled as Tsuyu stepped back from the podium.

"There will be no question," she responded sternly. "If you have time to question me, you have time to question witnesses around the station who can give you better information than I can." She then walked back into the parliament building amid sounds of camera clicks and buzzes.

The woman again muted the television and chuckled to herself as she raised her bottle, "A toast to a fine performance. As expected you did not dance to the script, but I'm a strict teacher and I wrap fingers of dancers who try to move out of step."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later.... Blizzaria Castle......

"Welcome back highness, a... uhh... package... came for you..." the gate guard said with a shiver as he saluted. He picked up a small clear plastic bag with some form of CD in it and presented it to Tsuyu. "From a man on the train."

She looked at him with a scowl as she looked at the bag, "This is 2019, who still uses CDs?" She groaned and rolled her eyes at the guard, "I assume its been scanned already."

"Y-y-yes of course," the guard stammered as he held the bag aloft. He looked away lest his eyes meet Tsuyu's sharp gaze. A few tense moments pass before she breaks the silence.

"Walter V-1!" she yelled out before she crossed her arms at the guard. "Put it back on the table," she ordered.

"You don't trust--"

"Do you not know your station to not trust my judgment?" she responded in a sharp, smug tone. "I don't handle insubordination well, and I suggest you remember that when I give you simple instructions. Now put. It. Down!"

"Yes Majesty!" the guard yelped as he placed the bag back on the table. Just then a swan came waddling around the corner wearing small yarn boots on its feet. Tsuyu's features instantly softened as she knelt to greet the newcomer. "Walter V-1," she laughed and shared a Banned by the BlackAdder Act with the swan. "Sorry to call you away from V-2 but we just got in a bag and its got a CD in it!" she gasped dramatically to the swan who seemed to mimic it's owners expression upon hearing the remark. "So I need to make sure its alright, want to have a gander at it?" The swan nodded and Tsuyu picked it up in her arms and took it over to the table. She rested Walter next to the bag and he pecked at it a few times before holding it in his mouth and facing Tsuyu spread his wings fully open. "Thank you Walter V-1, you've been helpful," she smiled at him as she picked him back up. She then gave a short two finger salute to the soldier, "Thanks for the package, keep up the good work."

Once inside the palace, Tsuyu put Walter down and he walked alongside her to her room. She was looking at the CD through the bag, holding it in front of her, "What do you think Walter? Why would someone drop off a CD and not just stay to let deliver a message?" Walter shook his head and honked. "You think so too huh? Hopefully its not some ancient Grandpa Akko aged CD. I don't think our computers run those anymore."

She got to the study and sat down at a computer desk. The room was in immaculate condition despite its lack of use with books lining the shelves on her left and right. She pushed the CD in the tray and hummed the Think! Theme while the computer hummed reading the disk. The media player booted up in short order and the image was a very dark room with the barely visible outline of someone being there. Their voice had been digitally altered and sounded very robotic.

"Good Day High Queen Tsuyu, I see you were moved by our message today. Your response was calm and measured, and keeping the facts hidden. To be expected of someone of your pedigree. But, I'm sure you already know its not about killing, so let me get right to the chase. I need you to bring me twenty million Lumis, alone, in five hours. Otherwise the man on the train will strike once again. Ah you're probably thinking I can't get that much money in that short of a time, but you're a queen and a resourceful one, I'm sure you of all people can manage that. And if you can't, you'll just make for a disappointing playmate as more people die on your watch."

The video abruptly cut short, leaving Tsuyu listening to static. This was definitely not the response she had intended. However it was a response and yet another move she needed to make. One that was for an obvious trap. Should she sacrifice the queen for the game or move a pawn to protect the queen in the hopes of utilizing it later in the game? Whatever the next move was, she only had five hours to make it and time was already clicking by....
    Mystral
    Mystral

Post by Mystral Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:10 pm

"So let me get this straight," Tsuyu groaned as she rubbed the bridge of her nose between her eyes. "There is a guy on a train and you guys can't track him?"

"With all due respect Highness, Blizzaria Metro has over one million riders; finding one is a needle in a haystack," Transport Minister Myrna Evergreen said as she adjusted her skirt sitting cross legged in a nearby chair. She sat with perfect posture and had her hands clasped on top of her left knee. "We can't just hold everyone hostage... well we could, but I don't think the commuters would appreciate it," she ended after a brief pause.

"So we're just going to need to hand the money over?" Tsuyu cut her eyes at Myrna.

"No, no not at all," Myrna said as she raised her hands. "We can put trackers in the money, we can also put trackers on you," she waved her finger. "We're not completely out of moves here. You also have your double whom can make the run for you."

"That's true..." Tsuyu sighed as her posture dropped and her gaze wondered aimlessly around the room. She didn't like the idea of leaving herself or her double exposed. She didn't really want to surrender so easily either. There had to be something else they could do. Something that would catch the perpetrator off guard. Yet the more she thought, the louder the monotonous ticking of the clock got louder. The sound soon became hollow and the ticking echoed on. Just as it sounded as if the echo would not get louder, the clock chimed almost as if to give Tsuyu a boost.

"You might not believe this, but I have an idea," she said slowly as her posture picked up. "The culprits either want recognition or they want me specifically. So we'll give them what they want, but we'll add our own terms to the agreement."

"Should I be concerned?" Myrna sighed as she brushed back a few stray locks of her hair.

"Nothing worse than the usual," Tsuyu chortled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later at the drop spot . . . .

Tsuyu shivered a bit as she rubbed her hands together despite the mittens. She shuffled in the spot and adjusted the backpack over her parka. She glanced towards the top of the building on her left and saw the sniper nest the police had set up. She looked down at the slush on her boots. "Come on, baby its cold outside!" she said to herself as she shuffled on the spot.

"Fidgeting keeps one warm Highness," Myrna teased through the earpiece.

"Har, Har," Tsuyu groaned before looking to a commotion coming from her right. She saw a group of people approaching waving placards with X's through islands and Ruzinia and oil.

"Say no to Interventionists! Say no to blood money! Down with the oligarchs! Let the people's voice be heard! No more getting fat off what isn't yours! We fought wars to let people's voice be heard and we aren't about to let it go unnoticed in 2019!" the crowd was chanting as they walked down the street approaching Tsuyu's location.

"Oh lovely, a protest, did any of you lovely people know about this?" Tsuyu remarked, voice dripping with sarcasm. "You know if we miss this drop because of this someone is going to spending time in the mustard gas prep room without any masks."

The crowd drew closer and as they passed, someone came up to her, "High Queen! You agree with our plight right? You should join us! A voice like yours certainly adds credence to our cause." She started to raise her hands in protest but felt a sharp jab in her back and due to her stance took a few steps to catch her balance, but by then was swept up in the crowd and moving along with the protesters. As she turned to try get out of the crowd, she felt her pack get yanked backwards, causing her to stumble backwards.

"You've got a strong grip there, though it should be expected from someone like you," a protester spoke in a harsh tone. They had their scarfs up to their nose and wore a pair of UV sunglasses and a touque pulled down beyond their ears. "Now I know why you're here, and I'd suggest you come quietly or these protesters will have more than snowflakes in their eyes," he said as he flashed what looked like a metallic canister. Tsuyu groaned before releasing the tension on the bag and followed the protester towards a nearby alley. Tsuyu initially resisted before feeling a shock to her side and blanking out.

"Madame, we've secured the package and it shall be delivered to you momentarily."

"Excellent..." the voice cooed on the other end. "I will be awaiting her arrival, after all, Her Highness should have the warmest of welcomes."
    Mystral
    Mystral

Post by Mystral Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:10 pm

"Welcome back Queen Tsuyu," a man chuckled as she groaned back to consciousness. She tried to move her arms but they were securely tied behind the back of a chair. She looked over to the man and he was wearing an outfit that seemed almost tie dye. It started off at the outer edges pale blue, passing to orange and then to the center was a red rose. He brought his face down to her level and pinched her cheek, "Not so tough to a could hundred volts of electricity are you?" He then stood back up and took a few paces back, "I wouldn't struggle so much if I were you. The boss is already upset that you gave us inked money." Tsuyu only groaned as she hung her head down. She tried to wiggle her feet but they too were secure along the front spindle on the chair. She felt her hair was disheveled, and her parka had been removed. Her boots had been replaced by slip on shoes but her outfit remained unchanged aside from that.

"Not much to say? All tough talk and nothing to say when you finally lose?" the man began to seethe.

"Not to you. You're just a small fish," she muttered without raising her head.

"What was that?" the man demanded as he came back closer.

"Small Fish. Can't think for yourself..." she repeated again in a slightly more audible tone.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" he howled as he grabbed her chin and yanked it upward to look him in the eyes. "Look at these eyes. These eyes will be the last you'll see unless you start behaving."

"Funny, I thought that was my line," she smirked. "After all, you'll not get anywhere without me." The man slapped her in the face, echoing in the hollow room, forcing her to face to her right.

"You, so haughty even when its clear you've lost," the man said as he rubbed his hand. "Know your place, you're not in a position to act tough or bargain," the man growled. Tsuyu didn't move her head but she mouthed something that the man didn't hear. "What was that? Still got some fight left in you?" He raised his hand again and Tsuyu closed her eyes but the slap didn't come.

"Stay your hand Emil, we can't have our goods being too damaged before her big photo shoot," a woman said. Unlike Emil, she was clad from head to toe in black, only a thin strip was open so her large brown eyes could see the outward world. She brushed back Tsuyu's stray strands, "Don't be sore, we're only repaying the favour your people done to ours. Karma always comes back and pays its dividends." Tsuyu shook her head from side to side forcing the woman to withdraw her hand and smirk, "So defiant, so beautiful, I'll enjoy watching your resolve fade from your face."

"Madam, the reporters are here," Emil said.

"Show them in, you know what to say, I'm going to watch this unfold from a better vantage point," she said as she began to walk off.

"As you wish," Emil said with a slight bow.

As she left another woman entered with a camera man. She was a petit woman with black hair in a bowl cut and blue eyes. She wore a red skirt and a blue top with black leggings and red low heels. In her hand was a microphone, "You guys couldn't pick a less cliche place?" she said as she approached Emil. "Dark, dank basement in a side alley, is all the creativity gone from this world? Ahem, sorry, I'm Laura Velo from Xelha Broadcasting," she said as she extended her right hand as she held the mic closer to her in her left hand.

"Emil, my last name isn't important, at least not yet," he said as he briefly shook her hand. He then motioned behind him, "She over here." They followed Emil over to where Tsuyu was bound. She still had her head down and her hair was still messy.

"Is this what a queen looks like in the morning?" she whispered to her cameraman who just shrugged as he slung the camera over his shoulder to test the room's lighting. After a few moments he nodded towards Laura and she stood just in front of Tsuyu as Emil stood on Tsuyu's left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the darkened room......

The woman in black sat down cross legged on her table and turned on the television. She nestled her chin in her hands, gleefully tapping her cheeks, a broad smile on her face as she waited for the final commercial to go off before the news alert flashed across the screen.

"Breaking news today concerning the Sarin Attacks. A group calling itself the Roses of Nirvana has claimed responsibility for the attacks. They also claim to have taken High Queen Tsuyu hostage as a sign of their reach. We have two people in place, reporter Laura Velo who is at the alleged group's hideout and Suzu Blizzarin at Blizzaria Palace to seek their confirmation on this matter. First we go to the alleged group's headquarters and Laura Velo. What do you have for us Laura?"

"Good Evening, I'm here with Emil and High Queen Tsuyu in an unknown location that we've promised not to reveal. As you can see, Emil is here with the bound queen Tsuyu." The camera panned to show Tsuyu and Emil as she walked over towards Emil with her microphone and put in in front of him, "So Emil, what is the point of all this? What are you trying to achieve?"

"We the Roses of Nirvana are tied of being trodden underfoot and watching as our nation walks the path of sin and evil. We wanted to show that no one is safe, unless they are under the protection of our great leader Kay Morena. She and she alone will guide us to Nirvana and the Promised Land. As such we demand that the heathens who currently run the nation step aside and let us lead. We have agents everywhere and if there is non-compliance, there will be sacrifice starting with the head."

"Sorry to cut you off Laura, but we're getting news that something is happening in Blizzaria Palace! Suzu can you confirm this?"

"I can indeed they are looking like they are planning to say something here any moment," Suzu nodded.

"Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, just speak the plain, wholesome truth," the woman said as she raised a glass. A moment later, that glass fell to the ground and shattered into a million pieces, for there on her television set in Blizzaria Palace was High Queen Tsuyu.

"As the people of Xelha can see, news of my impending doom have been grossly exaggerated. I am whole and hale at home in the palace," Tsuyu said as a smug grin crept across her face.
    Mystral
    Mystral

Post by Mystral Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:11 pm

"She's at home?" Laura shrieked. "How is that possible? We have her right here?" She glared over towards Tsuyu and Emil. Emil yanked Tsuyu's head back up by her hair.

"Answer me! What is the meaning of this black magic?" Emil demanded.

Tsuyu smirked, her eyes still closed, "Its just as it seems. I'm in two places at the same time. You wanted to be divine, then prove it. Can your master tell the trick? Or are you not as divine as you say you are?"

"Kay Morena is the saviour! She will lead us all to glory! Back to a time before we were tainted by outside influences. Back to when there was decency and order!"

"Emil! That is enough!" the robed woman hissed as she re-entered the room. "You out now!" she ordered the news crew and pointed them towards the door. The duo hesitated before the woman pulled out a pistol and pointed it at them. "Move or else!"

"Yes, right away," Laura said before she and her cameraman quickly vacated the area.

The woman than approached Tsuyu, "You've got some gall making us look like fools." She wound up her right hand and pistol whipped Tsuyu in the head. "Not so nice is it?" she said as Tsuyu's head bobbed and she blinked a few times trying to regain her wits. "You think you're going to dole us out more humiliation? Then I've got a surprise for you." She again smashed the butt of the pistol across Tsuyu's face. "We'll just have to show the people their queen battered and bruised."

"Beat me all you want," Tsuyu wheezed, "it'll change nothing. You lost and now all that's left is for me to bring down my wrath upon you."

"Silence!" the woman bellowed as she prepared to shoot.

"Go ahead. Shoot me. Then you've lost your best chance at bargaining for your safety," Tsuyu coughed. "But while you ponder missing out on showing the world a battered queen, let me in on another secret." Tsuyu paused as she gathered her breath before speaking again. Her eyes locked unto those of her assailant's, "Did you not find it strange there was no tracker in the money? Or did you not look that far? Did you think security would abandon me with no hope of finding me? Perhaps had you been more thorough with your search you'd have found the one I'm holding. I'll tell you where it is, since it doesn't matter and I'll be dead in a few minutes. Its in my left bra cup." The woman scowled and grunted at Tsuyu before she continued, "Why hesitate? It's not like I can prevent you, these binds are pretty secure."

She reached forward and felt Tsuyu's bra cup and felt the small slightly less resistant mesh of the tracker. Her eyes widened and Tsuyu grinned as the woman returned back to her original position. "See, you have your friends and I have mine. So quick, shoot now, before the window shuts."

"Why are you so bent on us killing you?" Emil asked. "You can't be the real queen if you're daring us to kill you. The real queen knows her death would result in pandemonium."

"My life is Xelha and Xelha's alone, but you will never know the truth if I die." There was a loud bang and a hissing sound and smoke began to fill the room. Emil, Tsuyu and the woman felt their eyes begin to water and burn, forcing them all to close their eyes. The woman discharged her firearm several times as her vision faded.

"At least I'll take you with me!" she yelled defiantly as she heard footsteps surround her.

She then felt a hand on her shoulder, "But now your time is over and the truth will languish in the hollow, fog filled forest."

She turned to face the voice but felt a hand grasp her firearm, disarm her and pin her to the ground. "Blizzaria SWAT, you're being charged with attempted regicide and mass murder. You have the right to remain silent, anything can and will be used against you."

"Attempted?" she snapped as she was forced to her feet, though her eyes remained shut from the smoke. "No matter, you'll still face our wrath."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We got you covered on that too," she heard Tsuyu remark before being led away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere, on the train heading towards the Lake District. Myrna was rushing down to make the train before it pulled off. The train was about half full with people starting to head home after a day at the office. She sat down next to a man wearing a coat and holding a bag in his lap. "Busy day huh?" she asked him. He grunted and nodded in acknowledgement. "When Misha Lin told me that this portfolio would be a handful she wasn't kidding." She exhaled and looked at the man who seemed to be leaning away from her and looking towards the front of the car instead of towards her. "She once told me a story, about making all the trains fully automated like this line is. Over one million riders on the system daily. One of them falls asleep and because Xelhans are polite no one disturbs them. The men felt a sharp jab in his leg and felt it rapidly getting numb. This made him look towards Myrna and she continued her story as she withdrew her arm, "except this time he's not sleep, he's dead. He'll continue riding several circuits until sometime in the morning rigor mortis has set in and the smell of decomposition alerts the public of his actual state." The man tried to reach inside his coat pocket but his arm rapidly fell limp next to him and he slumped to his side, hitting his head on the side wall of the cart and his bag falling off his shoulder which Myrna slipped on her own as the train pulled up to the next stop. She got up from the seat with the bag and finished off her story, "But by the time the authorities are onto the fact its a homicide, the assassin has long gone and the trail is as cold as the Xelhan Winter night."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that dark room......

"Mi'lady, Queen Tsuyu evaded capture and Emil and his wife were taken into custody. We have not heard any word from our other operative, but the Lake District Train doesn't appear to have been stopped," a voice said from behind a partially ajar door.

The woman growled, "Dead men tell no tales."

"Noted mi'lady. Is there anything else?"

"No," she seethed. "That is all." The door closed, leaving the woman in complete darkness again. She looked at the bottle of wine next to her and threw it on the ground. "You win this round my queen. But know that one day your luck will run out, and when it does, the shadows will be here to reclaim you."

Fin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:44 am