The Fridge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where no man has dared enter, lest they risk losing their mind.

2 posters

To fill a blank slate...

Captain_Frosty
    Captain_Frosty
    Admin

To fill a blank slate... Empty To fill a blank slate...

Post by Captain_Frosty Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:35 pm

UMBRA REGIUM, ASPIS CONFEDERACY COUNCIL HALL - Wednesday, 11am

"I simply do not understand why we would even tolerate their existence!"
    A man stated loudly, his apparent age doing little to hamper his grand baritone voice which echoed through the room unassisted by microphone.
    "They're damned rebels, militant ones at that, yet you still insist on leaving the legitimate government to fend for itself!?"

"Lord Fantheron-" A female voice interjected before the rant could proceed any further. "-while I empathize with your situation, what you request is in complete breach of Confederacy law.
    The unified military was made with the internal neutrality policy first and foremost in mind.
    Much like the Savaran revolt, it is part of this Union's stated duties to remain unaligned towards each state's internal affairs."

The man frowned heavily yet spoke in a calm tone.
    "Lady Aphelia, representatives of the council, I must beseech you to reconsider this stance. Our fair nation is not going through a simple reform.
    We are facing a conflict whose devastation threatens to leave our nation in ruin for decades to come. Hear the propositions and promises of the rebels if you must but. . .please. . .do not stand idle as one of your founding members burns to the ground!"

Fantheron pleaded, his words honest and genuine, causing the council to murmur amongst themselves for a short while before answering.
    "Very well, lord Fantheron-" Came a response from the relatively high pitched, nasally voice of Count Vanthel "While we cannot outright breach Confederate law, it is possible to start a humanitarian investigation of all 'factions' and respond to any inhumane behavior with the appropriate sanctions and embargo. Would that be acceptable for you?"

Fantheron simply sighed in resignation as he answered a weak "yes".

UMBRA EMPIRIUM, ITHRIALIA CENTRAL AIRPORT - Wednesday 1pm

A chubby military man nervously walked alongside Thaeroden Frostborne, Elected president and leader of the Umbra Empirium's democratic reformist rebels who was heading towards his scheduled flight.
    "Sir, are you certain it's wise to visit in person?
    You know how extensive our enemy's reach is."

"I was the one who requested the meeting, Baredon. We're lucky it was even accepted in the first place.
    If I failed to show up on time, let alone not at all, it would spell diplomatic doom for our cause."
    Thaeroden spoke, his calm demeanor in clear contrast to that of his advisor...and his heavily armed security detail which he seemed to almost avoid as he entered the plane.

In his seat, the tapping of a shoe betrayed the return of the president's usual nervous tic.
    A soft 'pop' was the only audible response as Thaeroden opened a small packet of cylindrical tablets and picked one out, placing it in his mouth and biting.
    Chewing gum had always helped him relax. More so than aspirins, anyway.
    [/i]
    oneesann
    oneesann

To fill a blank slate... Empty Re: To fill a blank slate...

Post by oneesann Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:02 pm

“Do you ever think they’ll show up, ma’am?”, Hua Mei’s aide inquired the mighty one, who have been exhaling menthol smoke like a chimney during the 1940s surge of industry. Hua Mei, who have been so accustomed to kick her heels whenever esteemed guests are afoot, simply waved off the anxiety that always occurred when they always seem to have whenever the waiting game had to be played.

“Camille. Seriously, how long have you been in the ‘game’, man! Of course they’re gonna come. They’re top brass … you know, or rather top brass there. They’re gonna be ehh … top copper when I’m done ‘diplo-ing’ with them if you know what I mean”, she joked as they spot the transport from afar.

Before the landing gear even screeched past the tarmac, the carpet meant to receive dignitaries had been rolled out onto the scorching hot asphalt. Besides the usual fanfare such as pillars of flowers and hampers of candy and freshly cut tropical fruits, Hua Mei had prepared two smoke machines parallel to each other; its purpose unbeknownst to all but one. As the doors sneezed open, the greeting party had gotten into their routine.

“Welcome to the Community, may you enjoy our company and our country!”, they all cheered out loud, kowtowing ever so briefly to display the hospitality they strived to achieve. Just as their prized visitors take their second step, the smoke machine had suddenly jolted to life, spewing fog onto the path of unstoppable force. Hua Mei, came cutting through the thick smoke, with both her hands raised up to emulate professional wrestlers from her days of watching sport entertainment.

With a deep bow, she welcomed Thaeroden and Baroden, “I hope your flight has been pleasant, kind sirs.”. With a motion of a finger, hampers bursting with delectable fruit and wrapped sweets came rushing in front of the party, a sliced melon almost stabbing Thaeroden with its slimy edge. Hua Mei picked up a candy from the bunch, popping the taffy onto her mouth casually. Noticing the president subtly gnawing on some gum, Hua Mei offered some more sweets by placing a handful on his palm.

“Didn’t know you love chewing on sweets, maybe we do have something in common after all. Here I am wondering how to approach your stoicism but I guess I answered that pretty quickly.”, she jested, her minions laughing at the remark.
    Captain_Frosty
    Captain_Frosty
    Admin

Post by Captain_Frosty Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:48 pm

Thaeroden looked upon the entire introduction with amused interest, taking note of the unique culture around him.
    "Sweet indeed. Your fair nation provides a stark contrast to the bombed frontlines that plague mine."
    He said as he tried out one of the strawberry flavoured sweets shoved in his hand.
    As he did, almost as if on signal, the still open and unusually wide stairs leading out of the plane became busy with the rushing footsteps of the 'security detail', a squad of 12 heavily armed men, seemingly charging towards their leader,

"Oh for crying out loud, STOP!" came the president's call, halting the troopers' advance.
    "I told you to stay inside and not get involved unless there's a direct threat. Well, do you see any noblemen or communists around? Or did you misread the big sign saying 'Community'?."
    the soldiers stood in awkward silence as their leader berated them in a manner reminiscent of a father accusing their child of breaking a glass bottle.
    "Go back inside and wait. I'll take care of things by myself just fine. And tell Baredon that I said 'calm down'."
    With that, Thaeroden's attention turned back to the woman standing in front of him, seemingly unphased by her physique as his men regretfully and with great hesitation re-entered the aircraft, leaving only a couple to pull guard duty on the ramp which remained open.
    "Now then, as I was saying, I greatly appreciate the accepting of my request for a meeting. Shall we proceed to further discussion on the matter or is there perhaps a commonality or tradition to go through first?"
    oneesann
    oneesann

Post by oneesann Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:57 am

The moment the clapping of soles hit the tarmac, Hua Mei’s aides almost knew what was about to happen. With one smooth motion, one of her aides, an agile young man in his 20s, dumped his hamper onto his colleague’s arms and slid in front of Hua Mei with arms cuffed in a fighting stance.

Hua Mei whispered to him, “Jung, you don’t have a gun?”

“Uhh .. no, the security detail is waiting for us at the doorway to the lounge.”

Hua Mei furrowed her brows, “So, what the fuck are you gonna do? Swat the bullets away? Ju-just get back to holding the hampers.”. Much to her aide’s chagrin, he abided the command and returned to his post, his head never retracting to its once proud angle.

There was no hiding the chuckles that Hua Mei produced as Thaeroden reprimanded his seemingly seasoned guards. As they retreat to the comforts of the plane, she commented, “Well, we can head on to the Blue House to elevate the meeting to the next level. There really isn’t much commonality left in the tarmac … unless you let me berate your soldiers and pinch their ears for being too naughty.”

As she led the way back to the lounge holding their transport, she turned around and consoled the soldiers who may have heard her jab, “By the way, I was joking about the last bit. Please don’t actually do that. I have my husband for that.”

The aides, wary of the sensitivity of the leader’s guards, mostly shuffled and steered clear of their path. Hua Mei seemed unfazed at the lightest, always trying to crack up jokes with pop culture references that none of the Umbra Regium’s finest would understand. The transport back was uneventful to say the least, with the Communals wanting their Regium counterparts to get some rest from the jet lag.

Soon, the Blue House was in eyes’ reach. True to its name, the governmental building donned blue tilings at the roof, giving it a rebellious aesthetic, fighting for the spotlight with the national colour pink. As they were seated in a room big enough to stash the detail, Hua Mei kickstarted the discussion.

“To be very frank, I am rather surprised that you have chosen to come visit our humble abode in person. It’s a guarantee that things are pretty busy, it seems, so I really would like to thank you for taking the time to meet with us personally. As you may know, we really have a stark contrast in how we operate, our country is still infantile compared to the Umbra Empirium. We aren’t seasoned for the world stage yet, oh no no, we’re not. Not in the slightest! But I would love to know the true intentions for the visit, leader?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:41 am