The Fridge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where no man has dared enter, lest they risk losing their mind.

2 posters

The Children of Cyrion

Esdragon
    Esdragon

The Children of Cyrion Empty The Children of Cyrion

Post by Esdragon Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Two cloaked riders galloped across the pine trees, swiftly riding across the dirt tracks. The riders brieftly stopped at a marked stone, they glanced at each other briefly.

"We're close! Let's move!" one said

And two took to once more riding ,the horses neighed before turning back on the road. The riders continued to ride, with speed arriving at out of the forest. The two stared at a greyish rocky lands that laid in front of them, the two were looking out across the depressive lands. One of the riders raised his hand towards a smoke.

"There!"

And within seconds the two rode out towards a small canyon, and as they aproached , the sigth of the large camp emerged. The two entered the camp , looked on by the soldiers as they entered the camp, slowing down as they aproached the largest tent in the middle of the camp.

The two riders stood on their horses in front of the tent, a tall man emerged from his tent wearing a shining armour.

"Prince Vatigan, prince Valrir. Its a pleasure to see you both once more." Vatigan took off his cloak, stepping down from his horse.

"The pleasure is mine Faralir." Vatigan spoke meanwhile Valrir stepped down , taking off his cloak, simply nodding back.

"Let's head inside young princes." Falrir stretched out his hand , opening the tent. The Princes followed inside the tents, and as they did. Their eyes fell onto the dimmed ligth "room", in the middle of it there was a large table which had maps, map pieces and mead laying on top of it. And beside it stood many men , all of different stature and looks.

The first on them to raise his voice was an armoured puffy faced man , proudly wearing his family's sigil on his tabard. "My lords." the man advanced before kneeling and rising up.

"Duke Vildon. We didn't expect you in these parts" Vatigan raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well my prince. I do intend to participate in the incoming offensive." Vildon chuckled

"My prince may i present you my fellow comrades." Falrir interupted poiting at a fur equiped man with a long beard. Valrir turned his head to the man bowing to him a bit.

"It's a blessing to see the champion of the king here."

"I don't think we've met before ?" The man asked back confused

"No we didn't but we know much about you chief Hilgrean." Vatigan courteously smiled back to the man who just let out a simple "oh" as a response.

"Here is ranger General Loredith." Loredith advanced, scracthing his moustache.

"I've known your father much. I am thankful that you two are present here." He shaked the Prince's hand lowering his head before heading back towards the table. Falrir let out a small chuckle.

"Anyway let's get to business." Falrir marched towards the table , as a squire positioned a chair for the man. "The forces of order are holding the Shadow pass, allowing them to send forth their swarms of automats."

Loredith interjected. "My rangers are currently scouting the erea, and news have emerged that the General won't be there. Giving us much breathing space."

"General or not we are still superior then them." Vildon mocked fidgetting with a cup. "We should crush them while we can. I am ready to send forth my knigths tonigth , to kite them out of the pass."

Hilgrean sighed "I would prefer that my men do the job of kitting them out Vildon. You're Knigths are not prepared well as my forces."

"My knigths are not there to pick disgusting order berries Chieftain. We're here to serve the crown, it would be honourable for us to die in the frontlines." Hilgrean smirked

"Now now. It's better if Loredith leads the kiting move. His rangers are trained for this." Falrir looked back to Loredith who gave a simple nod.

"My lord Valrir, i trust you can lead our paladins into the fray when they are needed."

"Of course Falrir."

Vatigan advanced. "I could join Loredith briefly when his kiting move suceeds, so that me and my forces may cut down plenty of automats?"

"Too risky we may loose too much men.But you could lead the shock forces with me." Vatigan seemed sligthy disapointed at the decision.

"And what are my soldiers supposed to do ?" Hilgrean asked

"Your men will follow Paladins, I plan on making your forces and that of Valrir flank the forces of order."Hilgrean shruged

"Job done i guess but could be better." Vildon opened his mouth

"What about me? You surely won't let my knights do nothing?"

"Well you could do a rear guard manouever..."

"No. I want my forces to participate in the an assault."

"I would be quite wasteful..."

"For ligth sake Falrir , you can't expect a bunch of stupid automatons to be dangerous for my knigths? Just trust me on this one Falrir, my knigths can kill a hundreds of automats, plus less men will die." Falrir stared at Vildon for a brief minute.

"If your knigths die, you'll do the funerals not me."

"Consider the conditions accepted."  Falrir sighed

"Let's hope the plan goes sucessfully."

"Calm down Falrir . I will be fine" Vildon gave a sign to the squire who advanced to the group ,seving them mead. "This Elvish pee is the closets thing we got to a nice drink, but it will do for a toast." Vildon raised his tankard. "To victory comrades!"

Vatigan enthousiatically followed " To victory." and the rest took up their tankards.

"To victory." they calmly cheered

Last edited by Esdragon on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Esdragon
    Esdragon

The Children of Cyrion Empty Re: The Children of Cyrion

Post by Esdragon Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:37 pm

The ligths shone upon the Halls of ligth,revealing a large room with a throne. And upon that throne sat an old weary balding man, with a dusty look and outfit and melancholic eyes. His wrinkled face was looking upward , as he mumbled to himself, with his hands stretched out and cluching his hands and releasing them. Continuing his mumbles, til he heard the sound of a knock emerging from the door.

The man stopped, lowering his head before turning to his side , grasping on a Golden crown incrusted with precious gems. He lowered the crown on his head. He took a large breath before opening his mouth

"Come in." His voice echoed across hall. The door creaked open as nobles marched inside the hall, walking over to the old man and slowly kneeling , before rising up once more. At tall man dressed with a simple teal leather tunic advanced. "Shall we start the council my king?". The king waved his rigth hand.

"Of course Duke Aurfil." Aurfil noded and rigidified his posture, walking back into the fray. The councilors formed a circle around the king. Aurfil spoke first

"I bear good news from the Golden Tower. Revenues have sligthy increased this month, giving us the ability to expand our military projection in Car Nalange. We have increased again the taxes on taverns ,brothels and any unsavoury businesses."

"And what about the revolts?"

"The revolts have been dealt according to your will. And the new tectics have proven sucessful for taxing."

"Good. I pray to the ligth that such actions won't be needed." The king turned towards a gamberson cladded man. "High Marshall Foratyon. What are the reports from the Tower of Iron." the king calmly spoke with a smile

Foratyon advanced sligthy, holding on his sword. The king gave an interested stare, impatiently waiting to be elucidated. "The most important news, is the safe arrival of your two sons my lord Torlion." Torlion gave a small hidden sigh of relief.

"Good news indeed, but they are not my only children's Foratyon." Foratyon shrugged.

"In regards to the frontlines. The offensive hopefully if all goes well migth start in the incoming weeks. The Forces in northern Car Nalange are holding the Orenet fort albeit we are expecting an attack. And we can't expect to hold it for much longer."

"If they can hold for much longer, we can hope to organize a well done retreat."

"Aye my king."

"And what about the feudal forces and the levies."

"Well numbers are decreasing my king as expected. It is the harvesting season." Foratyon looks over to Aurfil who gives an innocent look. "But we have Vildon's support in regards to the leaving of feulda forces, and he has promised to not leave the front till the aftermath of the frontlines." Aurfil interjected

"Hopefully soon, while i respect the man's support, he still has to pay for the debts he owns to the crown."

"Debts which are been repaid by blood my lord Aurfil."

"Debts are debts my kings. And no amount of blood can repay the for the food." Foratyon cleared his throat

"Debts or no debts my business his assuring the sucess of our forces against the armies of order. Not counting coins duke." Foratyon turned back to the king. "Also in regards to the brotherhood of Rejects. Duke Phelron has been kind enough to deal with the brotherhoods rising."

"And does Duke Phelron demand anything in payback?"

Aurfil once more intervened much to Foratyon's annoyance. "I have asked and he gave a negative answer, so all is fine."

"Although." Foratyon's said sligthy loud. "Duke Phelron did take the liberty to radiate his feudal forces and his levies from the military list."

"He did help in our combat against the brotherhood of Rejects, but give him the warning that for the during the autumn , his forces can't be excused from the frontlines."Torlion's tone rose

"I will my king." Foratyon responded back. Torlion relaxed on his throne.

"Cardinal Glaifion, any more news that i must receive from archbishop Menelron and his efforts to combat the cult of order within the port of Sorin?"

"His efforts are giving good results, since a large portion of the cult or order within the city have been culled. But many have retreated within the countryside, making the inquisition more complicated."

"Wouldn't be easier to find them in the countryside?"

"The countryside is filled with hiden locations and within the city , words spread around."

"I see." Torlion started to rub his chin.Looking around confused. "Where is Lady
    Radilir?" The councilors started to clear their throats.

"Well I don't know. But i can tell she's late. The tower of Ravens is quite an harduous task, Old Hagran was often late and did miss meetings."Aurfil simply gave a smile as he spoke.

"We don't have the whole day my king. And me and my lord Aurfil we didn't feel like waiting. It is her loss for not attending."Foratyon stated

"Lady Carealia is still a councilor." the cardinal mubbled but he was ignored by Aurfil and Foratyon except by Torlion.

"Yes. Lady Carealia is still a councilor, i was fine waiting for her participation my lord Aurfil and Foretyron. We can't separate each other , lest we fail our duties."
    SpaceKeet
    SpaceKeet

Post by SpaceKeet Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 am

At that moment, the Lady in question walked through the door with an air of importance and swagger. “Terribly sorry my Lord, the Tower is a long walk and I had some resistance along the way,” Lady Carealia Radilir said as she walked up to the circle and stood in her appointed area. She swept her deep brown eyes over the other men around the room, taking in all the Dukes and the King standing around her.

She looked at Lords Aurfil and Foretyron. “I believe I felt my ears burning before I came in, have something to say, Lord Aurfil, Lord Foretyron?” she asked, her eyes fixing both in a subtle glare.
    Esdragon
    Esdragon

Post by Esdragon Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:02 am

Aurfil's neck stiffened as she entered the hall, meanwhile Foratyon didn't realise her arrival more preoccupied on giving Aurfil a mocking glare. Before tilting his head sligthy and realising that Carealia was here.

"Hello my lady" Foratyon coldly remarked. "My lady We were talking about you nonchalent arrival. The tower of Raven is perfectly close for you to arrive just in time . My lady."

"Now now no need to argue like infants." The king commented

"I agree my king. Marshall Foratyon you ougth to learn to be more polite to the weaker gender. After all , they are more delicate then us after, like small flowers that can be picked up from the ground." Aurfil spoke with a mocking tone at the same time he was trying to act relax, giving an half smugish smile towards Carealia, as sweat poured from his forehead.

" Well my lady, now that you are here. Do you need any chair or servants to help you during the meeting? Or perhaps a few ice cubes,? Considering the hardous walk, no lady should bear the burden of walking soo much." Aurfil scratched his neck keeping on his smirk

Foratyon looked on disaprovingly , as the cardinal looked on, dumbfounded and confused. And the king stood silently with an unapreciative look on his face?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:47 am